I was reminded as I drove past DEEP Eastern District Headquarters earlier today, that forest fire danger is HIGH!
The DEEP’s Forest Fire Control Office urges all who enjoy the use of Connecticut’s parks, forests and open spaces, to use fires with caution and heed the following recommendations especially during forest fire season:
- Obey local laws regarding open fires, including campfires;
- Keep all flammable objects away from fire;
- Have firefighting tools nearby and handy;
- Carefully dispose of hot charcoal;
- Drown all fires;
- Carefully extinguish smoking materials.
For more information, click the link, below: